Washington Township Fire Department
Complete the application online at http://www.washingtontwp.org/jobs and click on any of the red Apply Here buttons. Make sure to click on the additional information at the bottom of the posting to get additional application information and questionnaire. For first consideration, requested materials must be received through our online application website by Friday, August 28, 2020. Incomplete application submittals will not be called or considered.
FULL-TIME FIRE INSPECTOR I Recruitment Open Until Filled
Washington Township, Montgomery County, Ohio, is seeking a driven and energetic staff member for the Fire Department. Under the direction of the Fire Marshal, is responsible for fire inspections involving new and existing structures within Washington Township.
In addition to the online application, you must attach the following materials in order for it to be considered a complete application: cover letter, resume, certifications, high school diploma or equivalent, and if applicable, college degree and a full copy of any military discharge paperwork. For first consideration, required certifications listed below must be attached to your online application by the application deadline.
Applicant must possess and attach currently valid copies of the following:
● High school diploma or equivalent
● State of Ohio Fire Safety Inspector certification
● Valid American Heart CPR, AED, and First Aid card
● Ohio Hazardous Materials Operations certification within one year of hire date
● Other State and Federal certificates, as required
● Any combination of training or experience, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities Must possess and maintain a valid driver license and remain insurable under the Township vehicle insurance plan. Preferred qualifications would include: Associate degree in Fire Protection Engineering, Fire Science Technology, Safety/Risk Management or related to Fire Safety/Engineering; State of Ohio Fire Protection Inspector (Ohio Board of Building Standards) certification, and IAAI FIT through the International Association of Arson Investigators.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary range is $44,554 to $58,614, and is a non-exempt, non-union position. Entry rate is contingent upon candidate’s experience, qualifications, and related skills, knowledge, and ability. Excellent benefits.
The selection process will include a review of all submitted materials. The appointment procedure may include written/video tests, assessment centers, interviews, physical, and polygraphs. Candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check, driver license review, and personal background investigation. The Fire Chief may waive certain requirements to ensure an adequate candidate pool.